H2O IQ Test
Test Your Knowledge
How much do you know about water? Take this test and find out!
- How many gallons of water is used for the average bath?
A. 20 - 30
B. 30 - 50
C. 50 - 60
- How many gallons per minute does the average shower head deliver?
- How many gallons of water are used to wash clothes in a top-loading washing machine?
A. 10 - 20
B. 20 - 30
C. 30 - 50
- How much water is lost in a single day by a faucet dripping one drop of water per second?
A. 10 gallons
B. 50 gallons
C. 190 gallons
- How much water is used to grow and prepare a typical holiday dinner for a family of eight?
A. 800 gallons
B. 8,000 gallons
C. 42,000 gallons
- How many gallons of water does it take to produce one egg?
- How much has the earth's water supply increased since the beginning of time?
B. 155 billion gallons
C. 250 trillion gallons
- How much of the earth's water supply is fresh water?
- How much water does the average toilet use?
A. 1 - 2 gallons per flush
B. 2 - 3 gallons per flush
C. 5 - 7 gallons per flush
- How many gallons of water does the average family of four use in the home a day?
- How much water is used for cooking and drinking daily by the average family of four?
A. 6 gallons
B. 12 gallons
C. 18 gallons
- In one hour, how much water can run through a garden hose?
A. 60 gallons
B. 1,000 gallons
C. 6,000 gallons